A major goal at paperTHINKtank is to make paper art and hand papermaking accessible to the community.
- We do this in two ways:
- by partnering with local artists to make custom editions of paper and/or paper artworks, unique or editioned, for special projects;
- by renting the studio to individuals who are interested in making their own projects in handmade paper.
Artist collaboration projects have been completed with:
- Brandywine Workshop & Archives
- Fact-Simile Editions (spring/summer 2015)
- Alexis Granwell (summer/fall 2015 – ongoing)
- Daniel Heyman (spring/summer 2015)
- Susan Viguers (winter 2014)
Individuals can elect to work in the studio with the expert guidance of Nicole Donnelly, or simply commission custom papers for a specific project.
Studio Rental for individual projects in paper includes:
- $20/hr for full use of all equipment
- + cost of expendable materials, such as prepared pulp
- + one-on-one assistance or training, if needed, at $50/hr
Do you have a custom project in mind?
Contact Nicole at: paperTHINKtank@gmail.com, or (215) 300-3561 to discuss your project, timelines, and prototyping over the phone. We’re not afraid to try anything at least once.